As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible, and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
KIK Consumer Brands – Household Division
Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 8 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting® and The Works® branded products.
The Materials Coordinator is within our Consumer Brands Division (KCB) to join our team in Santa Fe Springs, California.
• Responsible for Material Planning and coordination and purchasing of production components to meet production schedules, quality and cost objectives. Ensure components meet company standards.
• Review trans-shipments daily and match up order date with expected ship/receive date
• Review DSRP for any new items that need to be ordered from other plants.
• Create purchase orders as needed
• Match daily receiving paperwork with purchase order. Check for errors and review paperwork from vendor.
• Maintain DSRP to order products needed by all plant departments (ex. Caustic, Chlorine, Resin, Closures and Corrugate)
• Maintain CHEP pallet inbound and outbound inventory
• Reconcile CHEP pallets weekly using CHEP’s tracking website to ensure accuracy on both ends.
• Handle ordering and releasing of all railcars. Dispute any demurrage/storage charges that are not applicable.
• Prepare monthly consumption report for tracking production.
• Report daily usage of caustic, chlorine, and resin.
• Keep track of all label, barcode sticker and corrugate changes to ensure easy transition flow
• Make sure all BOM’s are updated accordingly to prevent inventory discrepancies.
• Conduct weekly cycle counts and month inventory counts of items such as chemicals, labels, barcode stickers, and corrugate.
• Keep inventory updated in E1 so Supply Chain can ensure replenishments are made accordingly.
• Responsible for inventory control systems for packaging, raw materials and finished goods.
• Ensure that all items needed for a new item launch are in house in a timely manner and ready for customer orders.
• Prepare blanket PO’s for the year.
• Process receiving documentation daily and insure accuracy
• Other functions as assigned based on business needs.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
• Minimum 3 years related manufacturing experience.
• High school diploma plus equivalent experience in logistics/supply chain manufacturing facility. College degree preferred.
• Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal to include strong organizational and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work load
• Must be able to make quick logical decisions as necessary to maximize appropriate inventory levels and minimize lead times
• Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks both short term and long term while keeping the overall company objective in mind
• Proficient computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office specializing in advanced Excel
• Knowledge and experience with Inventory Management Systems
• E1 or DSRP based program knowledge a plus
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible Schedule
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.